Sony 28-135mm E Mount Zoom Lens
The Sony 28-135mm powered zoom lens has been created to satisfy professional optical and operational requirements for high-quality movie imagery, including 4K and future formats, when matched with a high-performance 35 mm full-frame format camera or Super 35 format camcorder. Focus breathing, image shift, and all types of aberration have been minimized.
SMO (Smooth Motion Optics) is a Sony optical design concept for large-aperture interchangeable lenses that is specifically aimed at achieving the highest possible image quality and resolution for motion images. SMO design addresses three main issues that are critical for moviemaking: focus breathing, focus shifts that can occur while zooming, and lateral movement of the optical axis while zooming.
This lens features the world’s first RDSSM (Ring Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a lens designed for moviemaking achieves exceptionally smooth, quiet zoom. Iris operation is smooth and quiet too. Independent control rings for zoom, focus, and iris are provided. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability.
Sony mount lenses are notably compact and lightweight, painstakingly designed to match the widest possible range of α mount bodies in both form and function. Compact dimensions and reduced weight are an advantage in shooting situations that demand maximum mobility.
Reliable operation in a variety of conditions is ensured by a design that prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens make the Sony 28-135mm powered zoom lens a go-to for any outdoor shoot.
MOUNT: Sony E Mount
MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 1.31 (Wide)-3.12 ft (Tele) (AF/MF) / 3.12 ft (Full MF) (0.4 (Wide)-0.95 m (Tele) (AF/MF) / 095 m (Full MF))
MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.15x
FILTER DIAMETER: 95mm
WEIGHT: 42.9 oz
Key features of the Sony 28-135mm powered zoom lens:
- Powered 8-speed zoom provides a 28-135mm focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives
- Power zoom designed for cinema productions and full frame cameras
- Features Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology designed to effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure
- Three control rings (for zoom, focus, iris) offer manual control for demanding large format productions. The focus mode can be switched from auto to manual simply by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability. All three control rings have been engineered to provide ideal torque for comfortable, responsive operation. Even the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control
- Sony’s advanced iris control and linear AF motor drive system achieve quiet focusing that is also extremely responsive. Part of the reason that focus control is so quiet is that original Sony linear motors are contactless, with no gears or mechanical coupling to generate noise
- The world’s first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a cinema lens for quiet zoom and smooth iris control
- Maintains plane of focus while zooming and maintains field of view while focusing (important for video)
- Delivers smooth tracking throughout the zoom range at any speed and eliminates any axial image shifting. Zooming is quiet as well as responsive thanks to advanced mechanical actuator design
- Features an optical design and control technology inherited from Sony’s professional camcorders that ensure no breathing while focusing
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity
Inheriting technology from Sony professional equipment, the Sony 28-135mm powered zoom lens boasts a precision optical design that supports 4K as well as upcoming high-resolution formats with minimum breathing and image shift. Three control rings offer manual control for demanding large format production, and the first SSM drive in a lens designed for movies contributes to quiet powered zoom. Dust and moisture-resistant design. That pairs perfectly Sony 28-135mm powered zoom lens with our Sony FX9 and Sony FS7!
More Sony 28-135mm info from the manufacture: https://www.sony.com/electronics/camera-lenses/selp28135g