Cooke Anamorphic 35-140mm Zoom: Shoot from very wide angle to telephoto with the Cooke 35-140mm Anamorphic/i zoom with 4x zoom ratio. This is a true, front anamorphic zoom with the creative flexibility that cinematographers have waited years to have. Cooke’s new, patented optical design brings together a unique combination of attributes. Get that oval bokeh and “Cooke Look” known across the world with the Cooke Anamorphic 35-140mm zoom.
This is the perfect partner to our Cooke Anamorphic Primes, available in 25, 32, 40, 50, 65mm macro, 75, 100, 135, and 180mm.
Cooke Anamorphic 35-140mm Zoom Features:
- True, front anamorphic with 2x squeeze.
- Oval bokeh, just like our Cooke Anamorphic/i Prime lenses, and oval bokeh throughout zoom and focus along with the other coveted characteristics you want when shooting anamorphic.
- All Cooke Anamorphic/i lenses are colour balanced to a specification within parameters approved by Kodak and are colour-matched and compatible with Cooke Anamorphic/i primes , Cooke S7/i, Cooke S4/i, and Cooke miniS4/i lenses.
- Award-winning cam-style focus mechanism for smooth focus adjustments.
- Especially well balanced for astigmatism and corrected for lateral and longitudinal aberrations over the entire image area.
- Linear iris
- The Cooke Look,® of course.
- Optical Design: The optics are designed to give maximum performance at full aperture with superior control of flare, distortion and spherical aberration.
- Electronics: Accessible via cable connector near the lens mount and contacts in mount that sync with /i compatible cameras and accessories.
- Aperture: The Cooke Anamorphic/i 35-140mm zoom has a true T3.1 aperture and cover Super 35mm format.
- Index Marks: Every index mark is labeled. More detailed markings allow for more detailed focus control.
- Focus Movement: Our Academy Award® winning cam-style focus movement coupled with the added benefit of a large lens barrel diameter, has allowed for an increased number of focus markings, particularly at close focus. Spherical aberration has been controlled throughout the range of focal lengths to eliminate compensation of changes in back focus with aperture. A four-point contact bearing provides a smooth positive backlash-free movement.
- Focus Scaling: Large, clear numerals on both sides of the focus barrel benefit the focus puller when shooting under difficult lighting conditions. Plus the the Entrance Pupil position is engraved on the lens.
- Camera Mounts: Cooke Hardened PL Mount with /i Technology contacts.
- Compatibility: All Cooke Anamorphic/i lenses have a common, fixed front diameter of 110mm, except for the 25, 65 MACRO and 300mm focal lengths and the Anamorphic/i zoom lenses, which are 136mm. All have an iris drive gear of 134T x 0.8.
- External Finish: A scratch resistant PTFE hard anodised finish is provided on all Cooke lenses, providing a durable, hard-wearing surface to meet the most demanding environmental conditions.
- Iris: An eleven-leaf linear module iris assembly is fitted into the Cooke Anamorphic/i zooms with an aperture range of T3.1 to T22.
- Reliability and Service: Cooke Anamorphic/i prime lenses are designed to meet a market requirement for fully reliable performance with a minimum of downtime.
i Techonology: The Cooke Anamorphic 35-140mm zoom lens is equipped with /i Technology that collect detailed lens data for production, VFX and post-production teams and are designed for all PL mounted professional motion picture film and electronic cameras. The /i Technology provides cinematographers and camera operators with vital information on lens setting, focusing distance, aperture and depth-of-field, hyperfocal distance, serial number, owner data, lens type and focal length in both metric and footage measurements, as well as inertial tracking data, shading and distortion data. For zoom lenses, the zoom position is displayed.
Check out the Cooke site for more info on the Cooke Anamorphic 35-140mm Zoom.
Cooke Anamorphic Rental has never been easier! Contact our Dallas or Austin offices to book your Cooke anamorphic rental for your next project!